I finally publish the continuation of our autumn weekend in the Lubéron . At 2h30 from Lyon, the heart of Provence offers beautiful mediterranean landscapes and small villages have a lot of charm.
For the occasion we rented on airbnb, an apartment in a stone farmhouse but we did not even meet the owner! This is the first time this has happened to us. I chose this accommodation because it was beautiful and well appointed but also because it was well located in Lagnes, in the middle of all the villages and towns that I present below.
We were able to make nice discoveries without making too much car. Noah burst out and did not make too many anger, but his awakenings too early morning us, as usual, to prevent to make fat mornings. When we become parents, we must draw a line on this happiness of the weekend …
The destination is ideal for traveling with children, a weekend or for holidays. There are beautiful walks, beautiful villages to discover and the locals are very welcoming.
So I share my pretty discoveries. I would like to come back next summer to discover other places and see the beautiful lavender fields.
Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, the Venice of Provence
- Discover the shops and villages of the antique dealers . A paradise for lovers of flea markets and antiques. My favorite goes to the village of the station, which also offers industrial decoration and is charming.
In the majority, furniture, paintings and other antiques cost an arm, I saw “sold” labels on beautiful wooden tables and consoles, these pieces of furniture left for the United States. It saddens me a bit that our heritage goes abroad …
- Make the market on Sunday morning, one of the largest in the region. You can taste all the products, we had the chance to taste a cheese with lavender.
- Eat a Burger by Lou Burger
- Eat a homemade ice cream or pastry at Domini. I advise you sphere in chocolate;) The balls of ice are very generous.
We tested the brunch on Sunday but found the value was not good. The sweet-savory brunch at 19 € was not enough for my taste, especially for the salty.
- Take a tour of the municipal park Gautier, there are games for children and a skate park. Noah made the big one riding on his scooter.
- Browse the canals and see the paddle wheels of the city
- Noah burst out to visit the little stone huts, where peasants, animals and farmers lived. The village of Bories reminded me of the Trulli of Puglia, which I discovered in February 2016, during our trip to Italy, and of which I still have not spoken on the blog.