Dubai, a country that attracts more and more!
If you are planning to visit the Arabian Gulf, the United Arab Emirates, and especially Dubai, will charm you. I will give you all my little tips to make the most of a pleasant stay in this country. Starting with the plane, the hotels, then the places to visit?
Dubai is a city that I had the chance to discover in September / October 2014 and I fell in love. Lovers of this transformation, part of nothing, namely that it was a desert just a few years ago. The city boasts records such as the world’s biggest tower (Burj Khalifa), biggest fountains, or the largest marina. The country is constantly under construction, it is necessary to know that 10% of the cranes in activity in the world are in Dubai, in order to build a gigantic city for the project ” Dubai 2020 “
A diverse population, you will meet people from the four corners of the globe (85% to 90% of expatriates in Dubai), there is an open mind and a mentality different from what we know in Europe. A place where you will feel safe and more under the sun.Dubai is a place where the home service is very developed; you can get everything delivered, Pharmacy items, your McDonald’s, shopping, etc.
Shops, small shops and fast food shops are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Tips for the plane
I strongly advise a direct flight from France with the Emirates airline, you will arrive at Terminal 3, which is the Terminal dedicated to the local company Emirates.
From France, Emirates serves 3 airports, which connect Dubai in direct flight. The airports are:
To find the best rates with this company, I recommend you look directly at their website: www.Emirates.fr. In general, a round trip ticket is around 420-480 € if you reserve two or even three months in advance. From time to time, the Emirates airline makes great promotions and you can get a rate of 349 – 369 Euros for a round trip ticket! Rather Interesting when you know the quality of service and benefits of this company! I am personally FAN. For those with the means to travel in Business Class or even First Class , I can only recommend you to try the Emirates experience on this kind of travel class. You will be under the spell and will be amazed by the level of service. I was lucky enough to be able to travel inBusiness Class , the flight crew is simply fabulous and do everything to make you feel at home but on the plane.
Otherwise, flights with short stops via Istanbul, London or Kiev are also perfect for this type of journey with stopover. Fares vary between 300 and 450 Euros for this type of ticket. To find them, you can read my previous article which is entitled ” Holidays – How to Book Your Own Cheap Holidays “.
Accommodation in Dubai
Accommodation in Dubai represents a significant part of your vacation. The price to stay during your holidays can quickly climb. Rest assured, you can find hotels at cheap prices, or even apartments for rent via Airbnb for example.
So I advise you to return on my article ” Holidays – How to Book your own cheap stay ” to see the different possibilities of saving money.
Here is a list of accommodation that I can advise you
- Gloria Hotel and Hotel Apartments
- Mövenpick Hotel Deira
- Al Khoory Hotel Apartments
- Grosvenor House
Places to visit in Dubai
Let’s get to the heart of the matter, that is, places to visit during your stay in Dubai.
Places to visit
- The Burj Khalifa , the largest tower in the world.
- The fountains of Dubai , which are at the foot of the Burj Khalifa.
- Dubai Mall , the largest shopping mall in the world, located at the foot of the Burj Khalifa, the fountains are in front of an exit from this shopping center.
- The Dubai Aquarium , which is located in the Dubai Mall.
- The gold, textile and spice market that is located in Deira, historic district of Dubai.
- Dubai Creek , which is in Deira.
- Dubai Miracle Garden , which is a huge garden filled with vegetation and flowers.
- Dubai Butterfly Garden , which is a place populated by beautiful butterflies.This is a continuation of the Dubai Miracle Garden.
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah , a very pretty place, with plenty of small shops, restaurants and a small canal where you almost think you are in Venice. You will also have a beautiful view of the Burj Al Arab.
- Burj Al Arab , the only 7-star hotel in the world to admire from Souk Madinat Jumeirah or from Burj Al Arab Beach.
- Dubai Marina Walk , stroll through Dubai Marina Walk and enjoy the shops, restaurants, hotels and beaches to recharge your batteries.
There is an infinite amount of Restaurant in Dubai that will delight your taste buds. You will find restaurants from all over the world. But I share my favorites here.
- Zahr El Laymoun (En face du Burj Khalifa), Souk Al Bahar
- Barasti Beach , (Also, free private beach, sports pubs) The Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Al Sufouh Road – Jumeirah Beach
- Rossos bar, The Walk +971 4 428 2000 -> Excellent for eating fish
- Nosh Restaurant, Dubai Jumeirah Lake Towers, cluster A +971 4 438 0000
- The Meat Co. , Souk Madinat Jumeirah +971 4 368 6040 -> Excellent for eating meat
- Habtoor Grand Beach Resort &Spa, Al Falea Street, Jumeirah Beach —> Brunch Italien excellent
- SeaFire Steakhouse (Very good restaurant if you like meat), Atlantis The Palm, The Palm Jumeirah – 04 426 2626
- Buddha Bar (Try the Signature Salad, a treat), Grosvenor House Dubai – Al Sufouh Road – 04 399 8888
- Zuma, Gate Village 6, Podium Level, Sheikh Zayed Road – Towards DIFC Parking
- Roberto’s (Italian restaurant, which is my favorite restaurant), DIFC, The Bay Gate – 04 386 0066 -> Come and read my article on Roberto’s Restaurant
- Ewaan Restaurant, Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard
Les Bars Lounge & NightClub
When I am there, I like to drink a little aperitif with Alcohol before going to dinner, then after leaving the meal, I like to finish the evening with a Cocktail (Cocktail without alcohol), here is my list of preferred places.
- Barasti Beach (Fait également Chicha), Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Al Sufouh Road – Jumeirah Beach
- Siddharta Lounge, Grosvenor House Dubai, Al Sufouh road, P.O Box 118500
- Embassy (NightClub), Grosvenor House Dubai – Al Sufouh Road, Marina
- Armani Privé (NightClub), Burj Khalifa, Sheik Mohammed Bin Rashid Blvd No 1, Downtown Dubai
- Q43 (NightClub), Media One Hotel Office Tower, Media City,
- 40 Kong (Beautiful view of Dubai), The H Dubai, One Sheikh Zayed Road
- VII Dubai (You Can Smoke Shisha), Conrad Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road
- Soul and Lounge Bar, Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach – Jumeirah Beach Rd
- Pacha Ibiza (You can smoke Chichas), Al Sufouh 1
- Klounge , 26 Souk Madinat Jumeirah
- Calabar, The Address Downtown, Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard
- Jetty Lounge , One&Only Royal Mirage, Jumeirah Beach – Al Sufouh Road
- Barasti Beach, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Al Sufouh Road – Jumeirah Beach
- Jet Ski avec SeaRide Dubai, Al Souq Harbour – Jumeirah 2
- Jet Ski with Ride In Dubai , Al Souq Harbor – Jumeirah 2, check their website.From time to time you have discounts ranging from 10% to 50% by booking in their discounts period. Their Site
- Aquaventure Waterpark , Aquatic Park located on The Palm, in the Atlantis hotel complex
- Wild Wadi Waterpark , Waterpark next to the Burj Al Arab
- Safari 4 × 4 in the Desert , look on Groupon or TripAdvisor to find reliable companies
- Swim with the dolphins at Aquaventure Waterpark, an unforgettable moment with these animals
- Ski Dubai , in the Mall of Emirates
- Global Village , at the end of the evening to enjoy a beautiful landscape
- Dubai Park and Resorts is expected to open in October 2016, consisting of 3 amusement parks that will be LegoLand, Bollywood Park and MotionGate Dubai. Their website
Things to know about Dubai
- The official language of the country is Arabic but everyone speaks English
- The population is very cosmopolitan
- Highways are lit at night
- Alcohol is found in most bars, restaurants and nightclubs (Possessing the license)
- Lots of radar on the highway, about, 1 every kilometer. Limit 100km / h, see 120km / h on some sections of motorway
- The city is a golfer’s paradise
- It is forbidden to be drunk on public roads
- Taxis are very cheap
- There are only 5 days of rain per year on average
If you have addresses to share with the readers, do not hesitate to put them in the comments. I will be delighted to test the addresses communicated during my next expeditions there.