As we become increasingly sedentary as a society and wholly focused on our corporate careers, it’s important to make a conserved shift with regard to our exercise habits, activity levels, and overall workout regimens.
But as we all know, finding the time, money, and willpower required to join a local gymnasium or fitness club is much easier said than done, which is why we are constantly looking for easier and simpler ways to weave some activity into our routines.
Fortunately, you don’t have to exhaust yourself or reimagine your day-to-day schedule just to get your heart pumping; all you have to do is engage in a cycling holiday every so often.
The Benefits of Cycling
Cycling is quickly becoming the easiest way to increase physical fitness levels while simultaneously enjoying outdoor time:
- Low-Impact Exercise: Regardless of whether you happen to be struggling with chronic joint pain, osteoarthritis, muscular inflammation, or any other musculoskeletal manifestations, cycling will allow you to engage in revitalising exercise without aggravating your ligaments or tendons. This increases your blood flow and alleviates the discomfor
- Lose Weight: Depending on the intensity and duration of your cycling excursions, you’ll be able to burn anywhere from 400-1000 calories per hour. Thus, when combined with a healthy diet and decreased fat intake, cycling represents an easy way to shed those pesky kilograms and refine your figure.
- Build Muscle: Cycling revolves around non-weight-bearing resistance and prolonged aerobic activity, which gives you a chance to work on your gluteus muscles, hamstrings, quads, and calves during each ride.
- Increase Wellness: According to several high profile studies, cycling has been proven to augment lung health, mitigate the risk of heart disease, reduce the frequency of cancer, and stimulate healthy brainwave activity, all of which are integral parts of a healthy, wholesome lifestyle.
Enhancing Your Next Holiday Getaway
If you’d like to sidestep overcrowded holiday destinations, avoid meagre itineraries, and reinvigorate your next vacation, it’s in your best interests to reach out to a renowned tour organisation that focuses on facilitating self-guided cycling holidays. So if you wish to go cycling in France, for instance, you’ll be able to blend adventure and exhilaration with sightseeing and exercise:
- Multi-day programmes that feature inclusive reservations at renowned four-star hotels each night
- Extensive itineraries ranging from the Wine Trails of Provence all the way to Normandy’s landing beaches, the Loire Valley, Vosges Mountains, and countless others
- Full assortment of cycling gear including racing jerseys, information kits, accessories, water bottles, route maps, and GPS files, just to name a few of the essentials
- Incorporated sightseeing tours throughout your designated track including renowned UNESCO World Heritage sites, national parks, shopping centres, ancient castles, and alternative contemporary attractions
- Optional bonuses to enhance your journey, such as bike rentals, extra nights, dinner vouchers, travel insurance, and advanced information kits