If you’d like to circumvent the monotonous, crowded, and overpriced holiday itineraries that seem to be clouding the current cultural zeitgeist, it’s in your best interests to take a long, hard look at the breathtaking Peak District as you begin planning your next getaway. With this notion in mind, let’s take a look at the Peak District’s calling cards:
- Situated in the centre of England’s mainland and spanning across five distinct counties
- Home to the Peak District National Park, which was founded in 1951 and covers an area of about 1,400 square kilometres
- Home to over 2,000 kilometres of public rights of way replete with a myriad of walkways, nature trails, cycling tracks, traditional footpaths, and clandestine bridleways
- Sparsely populated and unspoilt natural area with fewer than 50,000 citizens residing in the region
- Over 455 historically significant monuments, sites, and buildings spread throughout the vastness of the Peak District
Holiday Excursions in the Peak District
As you can see by now, the Peak District represents the ideal escape from modern civilisation as it offers a unique portal into an untouched world that happens to be teeming with wildlife, historical prominence, and eye-popping panoramic vistas.
However, it’s important to note that renowned local real estate agencies have established intricate networks of various cottages, bungalows, and traditionally styled cabins throughout the area, all of which are available for short-term or long-term reservation. This means that you can establish a lively, nature-based vacation at a fraction of the price of staying in a publicised hotel or resort without sacrificing any of the amenities or comforts that you’ve come to rely on in today’s day and age.
How to Plan Your Getaway
Thus, if you reach out to one of these real estate agencies, you’ll be able to speak with a knowledgeable local tourism expert and establish a robust itinerary regardless of the size of your travel group:
- Work with your real estate representative to select and book one of the beautiful holiday cottages in the picturesque Peak District. Available locales include Holymoorside, Taddington, Baslow, Hollins, Parwich, Ilam, Snitterton, and countless others.
- Highlight the amenities that you’ll need, such as heating implements, power connections, linens, towels, Wi-Fi, kitchen supplies, televisions, dishwashers, stoves, and anything else you can think of.
- Create a fun-filled programme for your stay, which can include guided cycling tours, boating jaunts, various World Heritage Site visits, shopping trips to local markets, museum access passes, and a plethora of alternative options.
- Finalise your booking and work handinhand with your real estate specialist to establish viable transportation solutions and locate the nearest restaurants.
As one of the most well-preserved, old-fashioned regions in the entire United Kingdom, the Peak District represents an incredible destination for nature lovers, honeymooning couples, and adventurous families, which is why it deserves a closer look as you begin establishing the parameters of your next vacation.